- Category: Helpful Handouts and Information Sheets
- Published: Saturday, 21 May 2011 11:14
- Hits: 5139
Information about Children and Young People who Hear Voices for Parents and Carers
by Sandra Escher
Dr Sandra Escher is from the Netherlands, she is an expert on the issue of children and young people who hear voices. She has spent the last fifteen years talking to children who hear voices and to their parents and carers. Sandra has carried out the most detailed and thorough research into the phenomenon in the world to date. In this article she offers a new perspective on what the voices may represent and how you can help your child cope if they are hearing voices.
This leaflet contains the following information:
- Why we have written this information leaflet
- How do most parents react when their child talks about hearing voices?
- Normal? Children and adults hear voices
- Hearing voices and traumatic experiences
- Voices as messengers
- For many children voices disappear over time
- The voices may stay but children can cope with them
- Supporting your child
- More information
- A 10 point check-list
- Further reading
Download the PDF file below to read.